Holiday planning, say WHAT??!! Yes, it’s almost here! How do you envision your health in 2024? What would it look like to create your holiday wellness strategy today to be way ahead of the game in January? By taking action now for your health this holiday season, you will have set the stage for balanced indulgence (not restriction) and a healthier, happier 2024!
Try some or all of these :
- Modify a weekly meal favorite to look like its more nutritious, upgraded counterpart. The cleaner version will likely have fewer calories, fat, and sugar, which can balance other holiday indulgences.
- List three ways to maintain an active lifestyle. Consistency with staying active is essential as sunlight diminishes and the elements are less friendly.
- Practice understanding your body’s hunger and satiety cues. List two emotional and two physical symptoms each for when you’re hungry and when you feel satiated (not overfull). This will help you understand your body’s natural appetite rhythm, which can curb overeating episodes during the season.
- Enjoy a favorite holiday sweet, but just after a meal to moderate any blood sugar spikes. Savor those special treats and choose quality over quantity.
- Prioritize self-care and stress management. Incorporate mindfulness and relaxation techniques into your daily routine to minimize stress.
- Make a list of holiday commitments and prioritize what’s most important. Saying “no” when needed is okay and helps preserve your well-being.
Which of these resonated with you?
The holidays should include joy, connection, and self-care. Start planning now to ensure you have the time and energy to make this holiday season one to remember for all the right reasons!
One of the most fantastic holiday gifts is to know your DNA and how that ties to optimal health. Head here to schedule a complimentary call and grab some free recipe packs!
P.S. Join the free Facebook Group Food Sanctuary, where you’ll learn how to optimize health using the power of food. Live weekly cutting-edge nutrition training, Thursdays, 11:00 AM Central.