Did you know that your body is detoxifying right now? This very minute.
The body is a well-designed machine that can detox without all the gimmicks and diet potions! Some of us detoxify better than others, however. That information lies in your DNA. That’s what I learned when I looked at my DNA. My detoxification genes need some serious daily help!
Here are some of the many signs your body might be detoxing at a sub-optimal level: difficulty losing weight, low energy, food and environmental sensitivities, bloating, mood shifts, and more.
A detoxifying powerhouse enzyme in the body is called Nrf2 (not Nerf-2 ). What should you want to know about this enzyme?
How to activate it.
Use these tips to help activate Nrf2:
- Choose cruciferous vegetables, especially broccoli. Broccoli contains a compound (sulforaphane) that directly wakes up this enzyme.
- Create a 12-13 hour fasting window daily. A longer window is rarely better or needed.
- Space at least two meals 4 hours apart. The time created in between meals activates other enzymes to activate Nrf2.
- Sweat. Layer up when walking, find a sauna, or grab a lower-impact workout in a heated room. Sweating releases toxins, especially sweating at rest or during lower-impact activities.
- Consider knowing your DNA. Answers to how well you detoxify lie in your genes.
Google shouldn’t be a verb to understand personalized nutrition. Head to liveyourbest365.com for free resources, or book a call with me for some support and guidance on your journey.
Join us in the free Facebook Group, Food Sanctuary, where you’ll learn how to optimize your health using the power of food.